Terms of Service
Please note: On registering for a SayBox, you are legally bound by the terms outlined in this document regardless of whether or not you have read it.
- As a customer, member, or user of SayBox you are bound by these Terms of Service. Interpretation and/or constitution of a violation of these Terms is determined by the SayBox staff.
- These Terms of Service may change without prior notice at the discretion of the SayBox staff.
- Use of a SayBox is provided as is and in good faith. The SayBox staff may discontinue services at any time, with or without notice.
- On registering for a SayBox, you agree to indemnify us from any potential liabilities or legal action at any point in time.
- Your use of a SayBox on your website constitutes agreement with all of the above and following Terms of Service.
- You may not at any time do anything to suggest your SayBox is created or hosted by anyone other than SayBox.
- The SayBox staff must be allowed access to any part of a website using a SayBox, including 'restricted access' or 'membership only' websites on request. This is to ensure all sites are abiding by our Terms of Service.
- A SayBox may NOT be used on any site containing any illegal content, pornography, hacking/cracking information or tools, spam promotion, pyramid schemes, fraudulent content, or hate material.
- Because we collect personal information about SayBox users, the owner of a SayBox and/or webmaster of a site containing a SayBox must be age 13 or over with parental permission. By signing up for a SayBox and agreeing to these Terms of Service you agree that you are either 18 or over, or 13 or over with parental permission. Nobody under the age of 13 may sign up for a SayBox.
- SayBox users will notify us immediately on change of email address, domain name, or site content by updating their details from the administration panel of their SayBox account.
- No SayBox users may send mass mailings to any SayBox email address.
- Owners or staff from other shoutbox hosting services are not eligible for a SayBox.
- We allow reasonable usage of each hosted Saybox. Reasonable usage here is defined as not putting too high a strain on our bandwidth or resources, and will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Please note that use of a meta refresh script or any other method of automatically reloading a SayBox is not allowed.
- Any breach of these Terms of Service puts your SayBox at risk of suspension or deletion.
- Use of a SayBox is free provided the advertisements and links served by SayBox and Elixant are not edited, hidden, or altered in any way. An ad-free service is available for a small price if any user would prefer their SayBox to be displayed without advertisements.
- SayBox may withdraw service at any time without notice.
- SayBox may in the future alter the product or products offered without prior notice to users.
- The SayBox source code is not open source and will not be released publicly.
- Use of a SayBox is at your own risk.
- We are not responsible for content on any SayBox. However if you know of a SayBox or a website using a SayBox which violates our Terms of Service we would encourage you to report it to a member of the SayBox staff.
To report a TOS violation, click here.
Last revision: September 21st, 2005
Translation provided for free by AppliedLanguage